Saturday, October 07, 2006

Friday..

End of the working week.. just to think what I was doing this time last week. Just arrived in the Lake District.. ah, never mind.
So what have I been up to since I got back - mostly working actually, doing 8 to 4 shifts. These aren't so bad since you get home to be able to rest and eat at a normal time etc, but frankly I can't say that I've actually been doing this. And I can't honestly put my fingers on the reason why - body clock is back to functioning normally, I feel quite up and refreshed from my break. But I must say I have got this sort of buzz inside me that's saying last chance to build up a stock for Xmas. And I have been putting together an awful lot of bookmarks and mobile charms over the past week. We're on weekend off this weekend - that means we all get the weekend off - and my plans basically fall into the category of get making those keycharms!
It's my Lake District pal's birthday this week as well, so I went to the Post Office to send her present, and I was very bugged that the guy in the queue behind me was reaking of alcohol. Which kind of got me thinking about the bus stop this morning, cos two people were there when I arrived, and another two people walking ahead of me to reach it. What bugged me about that was that these two people chose to stand on the opposite side of the queue to the people standing one behind another. When I arrived I went to stand behind them, and frankly when the bus arrived, the queue was literally all over the place. It's not exactly anyone's fault, it's the way the bus stop is built. The shelter is miles away from the newly raised step, which is where the buses actually stop. So no one really knows where to stand when they arrive there, and on top of this, the road has loads of B&B's in it, so there are more often strangers there rather than regulars. Lots of builders seem to stay here for some reason, and catch the buses in to town. There's also a new high Eastern European population, who I have to say, I'm not sure they even recognise there's a queue forming..!
But I have to say as a regular bus user, people who queue jump drive me up the pole. And no, that wasn't meant to be a pun! And I wonder exactly what pole it is I'm being driven up? Answers on a postcard please...
Ah well. I'm for bed, and the Darkover novel I'm reading. I've been buying up second hand copies of the original novels, which are frankly, patchy. But they lay out the background.. god bless Amazon and Bookbarn. What would I do without them?