Saturday, October 07, 2006

Electronic Hell....

These last, well pretty much 15 or so hours, I have been nothing but frustrated with this damn computer. Last night I started fiddling around with the blog - as you can see it's now this rather nice crimson instead of plain black - and it took me forever to get it to the point where it was viewable. I couldn't get the little spanner and screwdriver icons to disappear! Yet, thank God, they've gone this morning.
And then I put myself, quite deliberately, into Flikr hell. I opened a flikr account months back, but I keep forgetting the password. So I try to open a new account, and every time I try to log in, or create a new account, it recognises my email address, and only ever gives me a choice of tying them together or browsing without signing in. I always fancied uploading a few photo's, so I want to log in and start doing that. But when I try the option of tying them together, it keeps asking me for the password that I forgot, like, months ago! I sent them an email about this months back and their helpful suggestion was to create a new account - but the bloody thing won't let me!!! Talk about how to drive people up the wall! Flikr's a great idea, but they should fix the bloody system so it's easy to use!
But really at the end of the day what can you do? Let the stress of all this get to you, or just relax. It will sought itself out sooner or later. And I made a cool lunch - avocado, peppers, spring onion, cherry tomato's, pasta spirals, lemon dressing - very nice. And when I logged on to the blog, it seems up and running without any problems. Even my newly installed counter appears to be working. I put it on 'cos I want to know if anyone's looking at this thing. Or if I'm talking myself stupid to cyber space. Not that I mind that particularly, and I know that my friends look at this thing 'cos occasionally they tell me about it! But.. well you know how it is. I just want to know how many people accidentally fall on to this thing!!