Thursday, October 12, 2006

The apple and other stuff!!!

Wow! I'm dead chuffed! I installed one of those visitor counting thingies - yeah ok, a site monitor, and yes people are visiting my site! It's so - I dunno, cos it's clear these people have wandered on here via the navbar, but some of them have stayed and read, and that's so sweet of them! One from America, and a person from Israel - whoever you are, thanks! I feel somehow oddly vindicated! And yeah, to my old faithfuls, who are presumably my friends and colleagues, much appreciated!

So. The Apple. I'm doing a sort of photo project for Flikr. Having got my access sorted out, and having uploaded some photos - and I don't know what system they use, but my, my tatty photos don't half look good on there, I want to do more to put on there. And I have this apple. It's a beautiful apple, right now. I've been photographing it for three days so far, it's sitting on a plate in my kitchen. I'm going to photograph it as it decays - well, goes past its best. I don't think I'm going to put up with a rotten apple in my kitchen for very long. And, yes, I hear you all saying why exactly? Go have a look at Flikr, and you'll see tons of photo's of very fabulous food. I have to say there are cakes on there to die for. I mean drool at the mouth stuff. And I kind of got to thinking of the other stuff, the downside of food and all that. The all flesh is grass side of it. I dare say what I'm doing is very far away from original - to be honest I haven't checked. It's a bit more to do with me, and what kind of photo's I can produce. Not that I have very much to do with it, it's all point and click, but I'm quite interested to see the descent from edibility to oh god why is that still here-ness. So in the interests of what I'm up to, here's a picture of the apple!