Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back Home!!!




Well I'm back from a fabulous weekend in the Lake District. Really lovely time, and a salutory lesson to me in how much I needed a break! It was great to have long natters with friends, and to meet the baby - oh she's very gorgeous!
So these are some photo's that I took, that are sort of left overs - photo's that I've got more than one copy of, or photo's that I love, or photo's that aren't state of the art!!!!
This is the Arts and Crafts House, that's just been restored. It's really well worth a visit, and don't forget to check out the rather fabulous little restaurant that's attached. I had the Prawn and Avocado sandwich, which was substantial and tasty. (ok that's enough restaurant reviews!)

But the house was fabulous - and one of the guides played the piano, which was like being taken back in time. We were upstairs at the time, and it sounded like one of the family had come home - just as it must have been back in the day.



On Sunday afternoon, we took the baby to feed the ducks on the lake (Windemere!) This is the evening cruise boat - we went on it the last time I visited. It's pretty great to get a glass of wine and float out over the lake in the evening - I think this one is on it's way out.


And here is a parent swan with it's cygnet, first in line for our breadcrumbs!!!


And this was the view when we glanced up. Ok, now I've chopped a bit off the bottom of this photo, but can you honestly say that you've seen anything as beautiful? Imagine living with this. Oh well I can dream!!!!