Thursday, August 31, 2006

BFG 3!

Well as I sit here I'm trying to ignore the pain in my back, which is frankly killing me, having twisted it yesterday.. my own fault. If I ignored things that irritate me, I'd not have a twisted back or be swallowing painkillers. Still enough of that.
So Sunday lunch - how did it go?
It was ok. Firstly, when I got there I discovered the alleged two legs of lamb were actually one of lamb and another of pork - so we used my sister's oven as well, and had a mixed meats meal. (Yeah well you have to make the best of things.) My sister's relatives missed lunch entirely, owing to the fact they apparently weren't aware they were expected. Or something to that effect. Then, I'm sorry to report, Mum didn't have too good a weekend of it - she was quite confused. When she's out of sorts she does get a bit confused as to what's happening, but she seemed to enjoy opening her presents. She had a very bedroom-themed time of it, as Jo and Ken had bought her a beautiful new quilt for her bed - beautiful embroidery. And I'd bought her a new nightdress. Strange to say, we hadn't planned this at all!
And very pleasantly, both of my brothers had bought her bottles of bubbly. So we had a couple of nice fizzy glasses prior to lunch! And we sat down to a very good meal - it all seemed to go off very well. No major arguments, just a nice family lunch.
Cool or what?