Sunday, September 03, 2006

Keycharms!!!

Well here we are again.. I've been working nights over the last couple of days, and slept until about three - got the day 'off'! Then I'm back on for another couple of nights. The backs' picked up as well - didn't have to go trekking off to the doc which is always a welcome development.

Anyhow, having got a bit of spare time, and having done a bit of thinking, I've been putting together a leaflet on the keycharms. I want to try and drum up a bit of interest, particularly in the run up to Christmas. So I thought I'd do a quick leaflet to shove in people's pigeon holes at work.

Now I know there'll be those of you out there thinking wow. That's going to drum up business. And if I was running some kind of multi million empire type thing, I'd agree with you. But I'm running a mini business out of my flat, whilst working a more or less full time job. Last thing I actually want is hundreds of orders I can't fill. And of course, what I'm after right now, is to put the idea in people's heads that hey, a bagcharm would make a nice present for x, or flash a photo in front of someone and make them think, yeah I'd like one of those. Particularly at the moment, when every penny I've got coming in can be put towards more beads, to make more charms to sell nearer to December. And I have to say, I'm pretty thrilled with the latest batch, they look so pretty - I'm aiming at an ice effect, very snowy wintery type of effect.


This is the photo I took to put on my leaflet. I have a nice peice of lilac coloured velvet to use as a background, as the template I used is blue. So I chose a selection of blue and 'icy' themed keycharms. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, actually. I think if everyone saw the photo as it is above (assuming it turns out as well on the blog as it looks now!) people would be beating down my door, but on the leaflet it's a bit imprecise - not blurred or anything, it's fine, but it's not as good as it could be. Thats because my printer's not the finest, I have to use ordinary paper etc etc.