Sunday, July 19, 2009

Not exactly an interview...

Well not really. Oh, let's go back and start from the very beginning - I was up in plenty of time, and as I'd done all of the necessary ironing (white shirt, black skirt) the night before I was all ready to go - but wouldn't you know, two minutes out of the house, and the rain pours down! I got to the bus stop, and had to wait what seemed an age for the bus, to the extent that when I made it into town I grabbed a taxi for what's a relatively easy stroll (0k, it's uphill all the way!) to Blytheswood Square. Needless to say that got me there so early, I had to go for a walk about the square so as not to be indecently early.
Anyhow I found the place easily, took a seat in the waiting area, but rather astonishingly, it wasn't any sort of one to one interview thing, but a group of perhaps 12 of us taken off to fill out forms - Just the standard sort of form, but additionally a confidentiality agreement, which makes me wonder if I'm even breaking it by blogging this! But since I haven't said exactly or indeed, at all, what this job is, I guess not. Having filled out the forms, they will call us back tomorrow once they've gathered in the references etc, and book us onto the training course. If I get in, I think I'm likely to be doing the course in the evening - there are two standard shift patterns, 8 - 4, and 4 - 11. Compared to what hours I was working I don't see this as being any sort of a problem. Although it'll be interesting coming home at midnight in the middle of Glasgow! I don't know where the free bus picks up/deposits us as yet, and I'm hoping it's not in Blytheswood, which is a bit close to the red light district. Or at least, where I recall the red light district as being.
Dress is office casual, no denim. Rats. On my way home, I decided to nip into Evans and buy myself a couple of pairs of plain black cotton trousers - indispensable I feel. I don't think I'd get through a week in clean clothes if I didn't do this - I've lived in jeans for the past five years! Popped into M&S on the way home - yum. Had to have a bit of extra for the fridge, because I missed Tesco's this week. Luckily they had some of their wonderful Irish pancakes in stock, which I particularly adore. Not to mention a packet of sausages, some of which I'm having for supper - I missed lunch so I'm really quite peckish!
So we'll wait to hear what happens from all this.