Saturday, July 18, 2009

At long last...

Yep, I've got an interview, for a genuine job. Whoever would have thought it? Well ok, maybe not so unbelievable!
Anyhow this arrived via a jobsite alert, for a helpline that's just being set up - I don't really want to say what it is over the internet, but let's say it's medical. It's only call handling, basically people phone in, you follow a script and ask them questions, and give them whatever advice the screen tells you. It's not too badly paid, and they want to set this up in a hurry - hence the interview tomorrow - a Sunday of all days, with a possible start on Monday. Full time until September, which suits me just fine. It is a bit of a way out - Greenock, but they provide a free bus to get there from town.
So, no trip to Tesco for me tomorrow, but then heck, I can stop off in town to do the shopping. I think it's a realistic chance of work, and I'm up for it - I've been idle for way too long! Not to mention that I've got bills building up. So you can expect to hear more after tomorrow!