Sunday, August 24, 2008

My week in pictures!

Sunday 17th August - went over to Winsley for lunch. Mum was having a good day, and posed for a few photo's - took these on my camera phone, so the lighting's not very good!










Monday 18th August - got back from the shops to find that this parcel had arrived from Amazon!









Tuesday 19th August - A good dinner puts you in the right frame of mind for the night shifts to come - this is a lean chicken breast on a bed of rocket and baby beet leaves, with a lemon & chive dressing.







Wednesday 20th August, a little bit of sunset over Arnos Manor Park.













Thursday 21st August - a lovely day, full of bright sunshine, makes a walk to the post office much more enjoyable. This is Sandy Park Road, in Sandy Park Brislington, where my local post office is.









Friday 22nd August - woke up late following my last night shift of the week, and wasn't up to much beyond sitting and watching the Olympics whilst I made a few bagcharms!









Saturday 23rd August - I went into town as I needed to do a little shopping, and I met a friend for coffee. This is Colston Circus in the middle of Bristol and this apalling round thing with sails on it is apparently the city council's idea of a modern sculpture. I have to say I love sculpture but I think this thing is a huge disappointment.

Sunday 24th August - One of the books from my Amazon parcel! So far I've read, what three of them? I got into Henning Mankell's very good Swedish detective books whilst we were on holiday, where someone had been wonderful enough to leave Before The Frost behind for other's in need of a good book!