Thursday, August 07, 2008

7th August 2008

Well, I'm taking it easy this morning because I've got a night shift tonight! Got to shoot off to work a bit earlier than that for a team meeting as well, so it's going to be a moderately busy day.
The birthday went very well - we ended up not visiting the nursing homes that we'd planned on, but no doubt that'll get itself sorted out in due course. Things usually do.
I just feel a bit cross with myself because I've had to turn down an offer of work. This is jewellery work, to make wedding favours, but the quantity is just way to much. 250 pieces - I've been working for what 8 months or so now, making stuff for Christmas and I only have 170 odd bookmarks. No way could I fit in 250 without it affecting the time that I use to make all the other stuff for the shop, and I don't want to loose that. But I hate having to turn something like that down! It's very frustrating. Mind you, making pieces in that quantity does tend to turn in to a bit of a production line, because there's not much variation in what you do. I like making the things that I do because they're varied, they depend on what beads I can buy, and how I choose to put them together. And not to mention that I've got a job to do as well!!
And talking about fitting things in, I've got to go to the supermarket as well today - I spent most of yesterday waiting for the plumber, and then working on making some bagcharms. I made six, which is good going. Mind you, I'm waiting for some new bookmarks to arrive from the supplier, I'm running out of the blanks.
I also thought, this being my 5oth year, that I would run a little project on Flickr. I thought I'd try to take a daily photo - my mother always said that I was born in time for tea, so I thought I'd try to take this photo as close to 3pm as I could. It'd make a pictorial record of the year, which'll be fun for me even if not necessarily interesting to anyone else! Click on the link over there on the left, it's called 365 days of the year, see what's there!