Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Alas, a bereavement...



Quietly at home... I want to announce the apple has bitten the dust. Actually it bit, almost literally, into the side of the breadboard. I'd photographed it earlier this morning, and found that it was leaking some kind of rather nasty sticky liquid, and was more or less mush underneath the skin. It was clearly on it's last legs (ok, maybe that's not necessarily an appropriate description!) and as such I posted it onto Flickr, saying such. Then later this afternoon, I came to make some tea, and went to move it, and it just went flying off the plate splat! onto the side of the breadboard.


As you can see. So I rushed and got the camera, took it's last photo's - and chucked it into the bin.

And here it is, nestling away in the corner. Bin men come tomorrow,
so I expect it's going to be a short interment. I shall really miss this,
taking it's photo, watching it change. It's been an experience, that's for sure. What next I wonder? A plum? I was thinking maybe grapes...