Sunday, December 03, 2006

Vile Vile Virus

Yep been a victim of the vile vile virus. Felt rotten last Friday week, coming home from work, but since I was sleeping off a night shift, I can't say I noticed it that much until the Sunday, when I felt very peaky. Woke up on Monday morning and essentially I spent the rest of the day asleep & feeling as if the end of the world had arrived and I couldn't be bothered to deal with it - Tuesday morning saw me at the doctors. Trying to deal with a new machine they have to sign you in for your appointment - why would they do this to sick people? Instead of rolling over to the desk and blearing at the receptionist, they have you trying to punch out a touch tone screen as if you were totting up the groceries at Tesco!
Then I had to try and deal with a locum doctor who decided yes, this was the ideal moment to deliver a lecture on smoking. Dealt with that. Stumbled off home and more time back in bed. By Thursday-ish I was feeling slightly more human, but not enough to actually feel hungry. Yet clearly I was on the road to recovery, 'cos by that point I was thinking not eating anything's not a wildly good idea here. So dashed off to Sainsbury's and came back with a cook in the oven curry, and boy it was very good - I'm a big believer in when you're ill, eat hot curried type foods. Well if you're going to eat anything, a curry's as good as anything else.
Anyway I'm fine now. Fighting fit and back to work tomorrow.. and actually yes, looking forward to life getting back to normal!