Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday

Don't know if I shouldn't be calling this Guy Fawkes night. As I type this, there are bangs and whizzes going off all over the place, and the kid's playground in the park over the road has been set on fire once already. There was a fire engine come along to put it out, but the only thing that you can say about it is whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves. On a night like tonight, God knows they're going to be busy enough without having to come along and put out a kids slide.

Well today I've been sleeping late, then got up about midday. I've spent most of the afternoon loading stuff onto Ebay - xmas shopping seems to have started, and I want to get my stuff out there. I also put my First Edition on there - I've had it for a good couple of years, and frankly, I bought it thinking I'd stick it on Ebay and see what happened with it. But what with one thing and another I haven't put it on, so did a bit of research and took a few photo's and bang it's on. Thing is, it's got a dust jacket. It's a bit battered - you'd expect that after, well it's 52 years old. But given that it is that, frankly, it's in bloody good condition. It's sitting here in front of me now. And the book itself is in really good condition, not a pencil mark to be seen. So fingers crossed - it'd make a collector a very nice Xmas present.

So what else have I put on there? Mobile Charms, Key Charms, a necklace and a few bracelets.. the end result of a lot of hard work. Let's hope it makes me some money, cos I have to say I put a lot of these things on there, and don't seem to see any profit for it! I keep saying the thing to get into of course is beads themselves - and come the new year, I really must start doing that!