Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday 28th June

Well I guess we all have to come down from this football style hangover that we seem to have been collectively indulging in. I think I'm so past it that I won't even go on about it - just roll on August and the start of the new season. Yay.. (whispers) Go Villa!!

This isn't going to be a long post because as this evening has been going by I've been feeling just that little tingle at the top of the head that whispers sweetly, migraine.. migraine.. take pills now.. and I haven't, and really must go and do so. With my last cup of tea (ginger) of the evening.
Anyhow tomorrow is library day, I'm hauling my sorry self up to the tenth floor - yes, the delights of the theology department, where I can drag out the actual physical copies of Acta Sanctorum - no I still can't download the damn thing - so looks like I'm in for the hard copy version. I shall copy and take it home to work on it with dictionaries and grammar books to hand (it's in Latin..) I can also start mining the no doubt inexhaustible depths of Analecta Bollandiana. We're also having a sort of meet up of History pgs, in the pub natch.
Went to the fliks last night with Aimee, we ended up seeing this Wild Targets thing. It wasn't bad... but mm.. I don't think I'd describe it as being good either. You know the sort of thing I mean, in my opinion it needed a lot more work on the script, the plot.. the cast was good though. Anything that has Rupert Everett & Bill Nighy in it can't be all bad - that was my operating theory going in to it. However Nighy is a bit too creepy in it, & Rupert Everett just isn't in it enough. And the girl -- the one everyone's running around after - is frankly just too whiny and self satisfied, irritating to hell.
Ah well, yes, I must go get my migraine pills.