Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ah, the end of the World Cup. I shall miss it - until the premiership starts at any rate. Personally I'm going for Holland, much as I like Spain, I just think Holland's time has come. It's supposed to be summer here, but frankly over the past few days you'd have been hard put to tell it from mid-October - wind, rain.. not quite cold enough to demand heating, but you know that's merely weeks away.
I'm trying to think of something interesting to write about. I've been making up new bookmarks - the shop has been shut for quite a while now, but I was thinking I would open in up in later August, and do a sort of Autumn - Christmas stretch, and then see how it goes. Times have not been so good for your average on-line seller, and I'm hoping for a better Xmas than last year. Anyhow, I have had enough time recently to put a good few stints in with the pliers and cutters, so I shall have some new stock.
Went out to meet up with friends for coffee on Thursday afternoon - I've been to the library a few times over the past few days and I should drag myself over there again soon - plugging away at the old dissertation research.
All told, life plods on. I still have high hopes of a job that I applied for recently, although the waiting is interminable. Isn't that always the worst part of job apps?