Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday 11th March

Oh I am so tired. It's always the same on Thursdays, its a long day for me - get to uni, class on gender, class on rrsh - get something to eat, I go home via M & S, which is my Thursday treat, home and veg out. I can veg out tonight, but come tomorrow it's back to the books. I have more deadlines for essays/work than I know what to do with.
I have actually got a good deal of my Constructing Faith essay done, which is a good thing even if it isn't quite typed up yet. But top of the list for my to get finished list is my dissertation proposal. This is due next week, and this afternoon we were all like "Are we all in the same state of panic?" I think pretty much everyone is. We're masters students so we don't do 'panic' in the way that say a first year undergrad does, but underneath the somewhat calmer exteriors is a rather numb feeling of oh God I haven't finished the bibliography, I haven't done this, that's only just started.. like most of my colleagues I have a loose collection of paragraphs on different bits of it, and it all needs to be stitched together. Bit's of it I'm very chuffed with, like for instance I have a small mini database that ok, only comes from one chapter of Augustine, but yay, it makes tables, and this Looks Good. Or it will look good on a powerpoint slide. Let's just hope that it will fit on a powerpoint slide.. oh God I didn't think of that.
Enough. It's 23.48 as I type this, and if I don't stop now I won't sleep a wink tonight until I get up, put it onto a powerpoint slide and find out if it fits or I have to spend another six hours putting it into a size that will both a) fit and b) be comprehensible.

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to the 27th of April. After the 27th, it will all be done, dusted.. until next semester.