Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday. Late.

Had the most awful cold this week, the sort of cold that verges onto flu. Thankfully it's clearing up and really I should be in bed now - I've spent all day working on my presentation for Gender which hasn't helped. What really hasn't helped is a load of photocopying that I did has managed to miss off the page number from every single page, so unless I find either the book, or a copy of the book, or someone who has the book and will tell me what page number chapter 1 is, I can't quote from it! Infuriating!
The presentation is on Eunuchs in the Byzantine Empire. Most of my gender class are modern come semi modern historians, so I have to include a quick mop and brush up on the Byz Empire - brilliant, especially as I don't know much about it myself! I didn't take the courses on Byzantine history as an undergraduate, but as I do know quite a lot about the early church this is giving me an opportunity to do a bit of basic brushing up myself, always a useful thing.
One thing I will say about having cold/flu, if you have to have it, then have it when the Olympics are on. There's nothing like watching people hurl themselves off mountains to make you feel just that little bit better..!