Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday 8th March

I feel I've been very busy recently, although if you pushed me, I'd be hard pressed to say what I've actually done. Do you ever have that feeling? I think it was exacerbated by the time it took me to get to Mum's yesterday, when the traffic was heavy, there were roadworks, and then to top it all, some poor person had become ill (or had been run down) on the busiest part of the one way system in Bath. All in all, I set off at about ten, and didn't get to Winsley until coming up to one - about an hour longer than normal.
So today - yep I braved the weather and shot off down to Sainsbury's, lugged a chicken and some veg back home and cooked it whilst I watched Barnsley V Chelsea. 1 -0, go Barnsley! What a wonderful match! It was edge of the seat stuff, especially at the end. Just wonderful, and I can only hope that Bristol do as well tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the gasheads. Villa got knocked out, so it'd be nice to see little old Bristol do well. And if they fail, well there's always Barnsley!
Then after this, I had a nice surprise when I logged on to Ebay, some lovely person's bought a bagcharm and a keyring - I don't think I'll ever get over the little thrill of people buying the things I make.
So as you can see, I've been sort of busy. I've also managed to make a couple of new bagcharms, and a necklace - I'm not sure about this. When I put necklaces onto Ebay they just don't sell, I guess craft made necklaces just aren't an Ebay thing. So I think I'll put it onto Etsy. I haven't put anything new onto Etsy for a good while now, and it's an Etsy style of necklace, I think, so we'll see. I'll put a photo up when I do, so you can click on the link and shoot over there to have a look.

What else have I been up to? Well frankly, I'm getting a big yen to paint. Time to get the old easel out I think, and indulge. Not that I'll be doing much of that this upcoming week, as it's a heavily rota'd one. But it would be nice to come home and pick up the brush and add a few strokes. I've also got a couple of new projects on the go too - I've bought some liquid Fimo bake able transfer medium. For those of you who've never heard of this, it's a liquid you can use to transfer an image from a picture to the surface of a piece of Fimo. It hasn't arrived yet, and I've never used it before, so it's going to be one long experiment from start to finish, but I may well blog it, with photo's (if you're very unlucky!) so you can have a good long laugh.
My other project comes off a craft site that I visit occasionally, where someone had put up a blog on a knitted recycled bag. I need a little shopping bag I can stuff in the old backpack and get out at the appropriate time in Tesco or wherever, and I liked the look of this very much, so I'm giving it a go and making my own. It sounds pretty normal doesn't it, but it's actually knitted from cut up lengths of old plastic bags, the type you stuff your loaf and box of teabags into. Cut them into a long spiral strip, and get out the old knitting needles and off you go. Right now it's in no fit state to be photographed, and frankly if it continues in this fashion, it may well go into the other recycled plastic bags I have - the one's that line my rubbish basket! But I'm not quite ready to give up yet. It's the tension that's doing it, it's proving quite a physical strain to knit in plastic!!!