Friday, March 28, 2008

28th March 2007

At least I think it's the 28th. I've been confused as to what the date is all week, ever since my Monday was actually Tuesday if you see what I mean - bank holidays eh?

Well, my new craft oven has arrived. It fits on the shelf in the kitchen by the window perfectly, so I can have the window open whilst I bake the stuff, and hopefully all of the nasty fumes will go straight out - however, I have since heard that Fimo only produces toxic fumes if you bake it at above 200 degrees. There's some dispute about this, but basically if you stick to the instructions you shouldn't have too many problems.
Of course having gone to all this trouble, my first attempt at image transfer failed dismally - I used the wrong sort of paper. At least I hope that this is what was actually the problem. I'm about to have another go, having reprinted my images on photo paper. In fact, printing out a contact sheet actually results in the photo's being exactly the right size. Size was something else I had to experiment with - had to resize every single one! Still fingers crossed eh? If it works, I'll put a tutorial/how to up on here, and you could all have a go if you fancy it!

Anyhow, it having been payday recently, I've also bought myself a little treat off Amazon - Justine Picardies' Daphne. It arrived today. It looks like a most interesting novel - it's about Daphne Du Maurier, at the time of her husbands' breakdown (I think they eventually separated, but I can't really remember), when she was attempting to write a biography of Branwell Bronte. She had some correspondence with various members of the Bronte Society, including one who's supposed to have been involved in some sort of literary forgery - of course, I haven't a clue as to whether any of this has any kind of foundation in reality, but it's an amusing conceit. I'll let you know whether the book's any good or not when I've read a bit of it!