Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday 27th May, at just gone one p.m.

Well I'm off to work in a couple of hours. I'm doing a couple of short shifts over the weekend, a day shift on Monday, and then I've sort of got some time off. I say sort of, because I seem to have packed the week up with places to go, and people to meet - like on Tuesday I have the occupational health appointment. This is strange, considering I'm pretty well healed. But it's taken so long to come through, that frankly it's now a waste of every one's time. As far as I can see, the practitioner who's done me the most good, and who has really got this back thing under control is Becky the Physiotherapist. She's very good, always cheerful and friendly, and has given me the most practical help. Even after this business with my calves - I don't know if you know but if you get injured, and can't move about for any amount of time, the rest of the muscles in your body go rapidly downhill. So when I could move about, I started to get the most awful cramp-like sensation in my calves when I had to go anywhere quickly. Clearly the muscles had atrophied, or shortened, which can happen. Anyhow Friday last, she gave me a set of quick and easy exercises, that I can do pretty well anywhere, and low and behold, I'm already feeling the benefit. Not quite so crampy, and takes longer for the crampy sensation to come on. That's the benefit of physiotherapy for you. My aunt was a physiotherapist, and it's a brilliant profession. We don't say thanks often enough, or appreciate the efficacy of the work they do.


Anyhow I've been working hard, and thought I'd put up some photo's of what's currently on sale in my Ebay shop - the links over there on the left hand side!




This is an orange and green beaded bangle. It's been worked with silver wire, and is 3 and a half inches across - 8cm for the metric among us. It's got a low start at just 99p - bargain or what?! The auction for this one ends on the 30th of May, so plenty of time to get a bid in!







This is a lemon and lime BagCharm. It's kicking off at £2.00, and the auction ends on the same day as the bangle above. It's packed with wonderful beads including a huge lime green silver foiled heart bead at the base - it'd be great on a bag or your jeans in the summer.




This is a fabulous heart and flowers BagCharm. Isn't pink just about everybody's favourite colour? Well, lots of people's anyhow! The main beads on this are lots of pink coloured crackleglass, and on top of those are some wonderful big glass flower beads. I've made centres for the flowers from small crackleglass beads and silver spacer beads, so each flower has a perfect centre to them - and then at the base is a lovely big pink heart bead, in silver foiled glass with a bit of lampwork in pink and green. It's got a £2.50 start, and it ends on the 2nd of June - plenty of time to go over and have a good look at the details before you place your bid!






These are lovely earrings - very delicate, perfect for a summer occasion. Silver plated earwires, and silver plated chain lead to Swarovski crystal hearts in Tanzanite, the most lovely delicate lilac shade imaginable. You can see the wonderful sparkly effect in the photo - see those little light coloured spots? That's the sparkle of Swarovski Crystal. These are on Buy It Now, at £2.50 each - they come in a presentation box, and I've got four pairs of these. So if you happen to be looking for earrings for bridesmaids, then these are just what you need.
Well this is just a little sample of what I've got in my ebay shop. Why not hop on over there and check it out? Bound to be something that you fancy!