Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday 19th March

Hello there,

Boy I've had a busy weekend! Saturday I was meeting up with old friends for lunch, Sunday dashing off over to Mum's for a family lunch at the pub in honour of Mother's Day. Very tasty it was too - we go quite often, it's a pretty local pub for us, in Freshford, and they always seem to do a really nice Sunday lunch. I had the roast beef, which came with roast potato's, and Yorkshire pudding. It's also rather nice to be able to say that the vegetables were great - red cabbage, nice courgettes in a tomato sauce, carrots - all with a crisp bite to them, which makes a change as it's so easy for vegetables to get overcooked.

Anyhow, we had a nice time. I had made a cake for Mum, but it turned out rather disastrously. It did not rise - I'm convinced I must have put a tad too much flour in it, and it was heavy. Shame, as it would have been lovely, but these things happen, and if you can identify where you've gone wrong, well, you're unlikely to do it again.

Here's a piccy or two...!









My sister Jo and brother Nick! He's taking the mickey out of my photography skills because the recent photo's of Jo I put on Flickr all appear to have her eyes shut!












Me and my brother in law Ken!









And Mum, about to tuck in to her lunch. My other brother was there, but isn't keen on having his photo's put on the blog, so rest assured...






We had a good time!