Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Boring Everyday Life.....

Oh I feel very dull today. Maybe it's the excess of work I've been doing lately. I've been getting home and doing nothing, no new keychains, bookmarks.. whatever. Just very dull as if I'm wrapped up in cotton wool or something. Like I'm not part of the world but sort of floating around it. It's probably being tired from the night shifts last week or something.
Still, one presses on. I cooked the other night, so there was cassarole to re-heat for dinner - and thank God for that too, 'cos we had a training session at the end of work and I was later back than normal. I had it with rice & cooked a little extra, so there was rice to make salad from for tomorrow's lunch. God how we have to think of these things - what can I cook tonight that I can make dinner out of for tomorrow. Still on the plus side, I don't often do rice salad, and it'll make a nice change - tuna, peppers, olives, a few chopped up radish. I meant to fling onion in there too, but I've just realised I forgot it. Maybe I'll chop half an onion before I go to bed.
Maybe it was the training but when I got home I made a cup of tea and sat down to watch the news - and fell asleep! I hate doing that when I'm working day shifts, 'cos you don't go to sleep properly at bedtime, and then you wake up the next day feeling dull too. Talk about a vicious circle.
Still work in itself was a pleasure - I work with a very good bunch, and there's always something to have a laugh about. Even if it's a casual Oh my lord type laugh, look at what I've just done. I must admit I've spent a fair while trying to fill out an appraisal form - it's coming up, and I don't know. I'm not the 'what have I done best recently' type. I could pick holes in myself as an Olympic sport I think. Actually that's not strictly true, it's just that the things I've done best recently don't actually relate to work work. No that's not quite true. I've done one or two things recently that I am quite happy with, that I think went moderately well..
I've had enough for tonight, I'm going round in circles!