Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Tuesday 5th January

In the spirit of blogging more regularly, here we go...! Woke up to find that it had snowed again overnight - one of these days I really must just get dressed, grab a camera and go, but frankly it's now almost 3pm, and it's minus 6 out there. I'm just back from a trip to the post office, and yay, they've gritted the pavements! Yesterday felt as if I was taking my life in my hand going over the road to the shop, but today the roads feel a bit more secure. I'm back at uni on the 11th, but thankfully not till a bit later on in the day, even so it feels just a bit hmm.
Shot to the Post Office as I said, yes well, when am I not in a post office somewhere, but today was very nice as I was collecting as well as posting! Got a delayed Xmas present from Abbs, very nice. A really nice card with it too, I look at that and I think lord my cards were lousy this year. I got them from the Heart Foundation, and when I looked at the selection, I got the one's I thought were nicest, but when I see what other people are sending I'm afraid I think they were very poor. For some reason I look at the design now and I think they were just old style. Next year I shall have to put more effort and energy into choosing my cards, and go elsewhere to find a better choice. Either that, or make some of my own. I did this a few years ago, from an assortment of family photographs, cutting out and making a collage, found some card stock with matching envelopes and using a handmade paper as a mount for the photos. It's not that difficult to do - and if I rushed out and took a nice snowy photo, it'd be most appropriate. However I don't think a snowed in Dennistoun is quite whats called for in a Christmas card!!