Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Tuesday 1st September

Lord another month! Still, tomorrow I'm off to uni to meet up with the Post Grad Co-ordinator to find out exactly how my degree structure will work - knowing nothing about being a part-timer that is. At last.. it seems like ages since I've been waiting for something to happen!
I had a funny weekend - that is I had a great day on Saturday and it's seemed like it's been all downhill since then. I went out and got myself a new bookshelf - it looks great in the shop, we'll see how it looks at home when it arrives! Still it works as being flat against the wall or as a room divider, and it's my idea to create a little study for myself by using it as a room divider. Then I have somewhere to work, and somewhere to just sit and veg out. I like the idea of this, but whether it'll work in practise is, as always, another matter.
So on my way home from the shops, I wandered past this church hall where they were having a craft fair. Great I thought let's go have a look - and it was super. A really lovely little fair. I stopped and had a chat to the organiser, and got all the details because they're having another one in November. Just in time for Xmas - perfect. The women I spoke to sounded quite enthusiastic, and I felt all would go well, I sent off my email etc, but what I got back was very disappointing - apparently all of their stalls are sold out and 'they'll put me on a waiting list.' Well it's not the first time, but it's very disappointing. I thought I'd be in plenty of time, it being what, September, just!! But it was such a nice little fair, and it's a nicely handy location - I shouldn't be surprised I suppose. And there's always a chance that a space will come up.
I indulged in one of my favourite activities today - I went stationery shopping! Yep, pens, paper, file binders, plastic pockets - all of that stuff!!! I also just happened to pick up some rather nice bath stuff, and a new scrunchie type thing - I don't know what you actually call them, the plastic scrubbing things you use in the shower. You'd think they should be like scouring pads - and I suppose that they are soft scourers - but I don't think I could ever go back to a plain old flannel again. Oh well I suppose I should go and do the washing up - I had pork meatballs in tomato sauce tonight with linguine. Very tasty. I made it a week or so back and I've got one portion left in the deep freeze, God I love that thing. I suppose this is going to become another thing that I just can't live without..