Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday 13th September

Dunno where my head was at last post with 'this is the big day.' Nothing like it. This is the real start of term proper, registration on Wednesday. It seems like it's been a long time coming!
Anyhow I'm just a tad p.o. - I just switched the light on in the living room only to get one of those irritating little pops and the bulb has burst. Exactly how I'm going to get up there to change it I don't know, I shall have to consult with J & P and see if they've got a ladder. I couldn't even get the tail end of a cobweb that caught my eye on what, Wednesday, no matter how much I jumped swinging the broom around in the air! Must be 15 - 20 feet up this ceiling. It's a very long way!!!
And I've been doing nothing but knock things over today. It's probably because I'm cross with myself - I had to spend today searching the flat from top to bottom looking for something that had gone astray. There was no putting it off, it had to be done. So instead of going in to town - where I had been intending to take back a load of shirts I bought from M & S the other day and infuriatingly don't fit, I had to search high and low for it. Happily I did find it, but it's a waste of a day. You know what it's like when small things go astray - I replaced an alarm clock this week, only to be putting the new clock's instruction leaflet away safely when what did I find? Yep, you got it, the old alarm clock. I feel like my mind is going mushy, but I think rather than actually turning into mush, this is the effect of anticipation, and yes, slight tension. Add a dash of boredom into that mix and you've a potent recipe for knocking stuff flying and loosing things left right and centre. I fully expect it to have cleared up by about 9am Wednesday. If not, this might be a more interesting year than I'd planned.