Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friday 30th May

I feel I could almost subtitle this blog as 'disgruntlement' but I won't, and instead of moaning, I feel I should make a huge effort and be bright and cheerful. Well I can try. Do you ever get that? You're feeling - not down, just not up, and you want to snipe away at the world, but that makes you feel worse, so you feel you must make an effort to be bright and cheerful because - yep you guessed it, this will make it better. It doesn't - or at least it doesn't for me, but I can live with it.

So, what's new in life? I ordered my new glasses, and I go to pick them up tomorrow. This is the amended pair of new glasses - I'm a wee bit apprehensive about it, as you would expect! I'll let you know how they work out! The glasses aren't the only thing that seem to have turned out to not be quite what I expected - I ordered a new pair of sandals from The Shoe Tailor, and I can't tell you whether I made the mistake when I ordered them, or if the computer messed it up or whatever, but the wrong size has turned up and they have to go back. I'm not wildly thrilled about this!
I went to see Indiana Jones with my friend Abby, yes, well, it's ok I suppose, but nothing to write a blog about. Perhaps that says it all. Actually it's a dvd film, great for a wet boring afternoon. Just not the sort of thing you'd leave the cinema thinking Oh I'm so glad I spent £7.00 watching that. No it's not that bad. It's worth seeing. It's just not leap up and down great. And of course it's got the inestimable bonus of Harrison Ford, who's pretty well worth the money every time.
So anyhow I can't think of anything else to blog about, just thought I'd touch base and all - I'll do better next time promise!