Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday 4th February

Yes I know I promised to blog every day.. but you know how it is. One makes these wild promises! Anyhow, I'm not doing too badly with the 'I will not overeat' diet. Yesterday I bought nearly all of my food from M & S, I was doing the third of three 1 - 9 shifts, and frankly couldn't be bothered to cook at home. So I had a healthy prawn mayo sandwich for lunch, and one of their fabulous tuna bean and rice salads for supper - with a fruit smoothie too, and for tea one of their lovely fresh yoghurts with fruit puree. It was a day of eating luxuriously...

Today, I got myself up to make dinner and supper because I was doing a 4 - 9, and consequently had the time. I made a tuna pasta salad, with an avocado, and cucumber - with a dressing of half a lemon juice, a little oil, plenty of black pepper - yum. It was even better when I got home after work, because all the dressing had been absorbed by the pasta - just delish.

I haven't even thought of what to eat tomorrow - and I'm not going to start now. I'll get round to it tomorrow!  But I must say so far I have pretty well successfully fought off the impulses towards cake and biscuit, and even chocolate. As I think I've said before, it's not a total ban, and I'm not going to get precious about it - if I do that, I'll crack, leap out of the house and splurge on an extra large bar of the stuff or something. A whole box of cream cakes - you know what it's like when you say, no, never again. So for instance with my afternoon cup of tea at work today, I did have a single wholemeal chocolate digestive. Very nice it was too, a bit of a treat. But I did only have the one, despite the fact there was more there had I wanted it. I'm not going to say I didn't want it - but I wasn't hungry which I think isn't a bad way to be going.  And it's definitely the way to go, to have something waiting ready. Nine o'clock is too late to start cooking, and it's far too tempting to nip into the Burgerking. I need to have something waiting in the fridge either needing to be heated up, or to eat cold, but something I want to eat.  So on that thought, I'll be back tomorrow to update...