Tuesday, January 08, 2008

8th January 2008

Still getting used to the 2008 bit - as I'm sure we all are!

I've been spending the past week or so trying to get used to my new phone. It's a new one, ie it's got a camera on it, so yep, it's strain the brain time - the instruction manual on it is absolutely useless, and apparently it needed some kind of cd I could load in to the computer to get it set up in the first place. Well I did overcome that bit, in that I got it set up via text from Orange - God bless their cotton socks, the technical department there is clearly staffed by wizards, endowed with a huge degree of understanding of the middle aged woman's delayed pick up of how do I work a new phone? Anyhow, (yes, ok, overlong sentence, not making a lot of sense..!) it's working, and I can even send photo's in emails. I've yet to master the downloading bit, but I'm sure I'll get there in the end. I have to. I've just found out how much it costs to send a picture in a text message!

 

Sorry quick break there for exchange of text message  with a friend! I sent her a load of bath stuff for xmas, and she's sent me a selection of fantastic spices, rubs and salts. I'm really enjoying trying them out, particularly the Penrith spiced salt, and the garlic spice powder, which I can't remember the exact name of right now, but it comes from the fantastically named 'really garlicky company'!  I should dash to the kitchen to find out the name of it, but it comes in a little purple pot, and it's the most wonderful stuff. You can sprinkle it on things, add it to things - it's a dream with rice. I added some to some home made burgers the other day, gorgeous!

So back to work. Feels much more like normal somehow, but I feel far less 'new year' ish than normal. Don't know why - Just oddly like last year. Maybe it's the weather.

So this is my news - for public consumption anyhow. No doubt there'll be more in due course!