Wednesday, January 16, 2008

16th January 2008

Hello there!

My but it's a wonder as I type this that the Avon isn't lapping gently at the door - happily I live on a hill, and Bristol hasn't been flooded out anyway so I've no worries.
Different story slightly over towards mother's though. Just have a look at this!


These are the fields going over towards Winsley, bottom of Bathampton valley on Saturday.












This is the water pouring through under Pultney Bridge, onto the weir in Bath - it doesn't really look that spectacular in this photo, but by now it's about a good couple of feet higher, and the water was speeding along at a terrible rate.
Let me see if I can find a picture of the weir...!





This is looking over towards the island...





And this is looking across the weir, over towards where you used to queue for the Tiergarden.

Lots of people were leaning over the bridge having a look. It was pretty dramatic stuff, even if the photo's don't really tell you the half of it! They say that if we get through the next four days without much more rain we'll be past the worst of it, but there's more rain forecast over the weekend. Best go look for my wellingtons I guess!!!