Wednesday, August 01, 2007

1st August 2007

I'm at home, not too well at the moment, but getting better. I daren't go too far from the bathroom lets say... gross or what! 

I was playing with the computer and I've just uploaded this new blogging thing. Frankly I have no idea how it works, and I'm sort of trying to figure it out - the idea is that it shows you what the blog looks like before you publish it. Instead of writing the blog in the desktop box, I have this new box that has the actual background of my blog on it. So I can type in what I'm writing and it looks like how it should on the blog - so far as far as I can figue it out, it's going to save me the thirty seconds or so when you hit the 'view blog now' bit and you get to see what it looks like. The other thing that seems to be missing is the colour button, so no more rainbow posts peeps. Oh no, I've just found it. It's a nicer colour layout than the blogger one! Much bigger and good for my old eyes.

 

Anyhow it's fun to play with new things don't you think? Just every now and again. I'll see how it goes before I decide whether or not to keep it.  It's a microsoft thing, it's called writer.  One thing does look quite interesting is it keeps drafts. Now that I can see being useful.

 

I don't have a lot more to blog about to be honest, because as I say I've been/am being sick.  It's just a bug, but not a food poisoning type bug apparently, and there's nothing that can be done - just the old 'drink plenty of water' type instructions. It bugs me that you go to the doctor, and they pat you on the hand (metaphorically speaking, my doctors are far too respectable to do anything so inappropriate!) but they can't actually do anything.  And I'm seriously unhappy about this - a) its very unpleasant and uncomfortable, and b) it's interfered considerably with my plans for this week.  There was a training session at work that I was looking forward to - I mean really looking forward to, rather than just oh, it's training.   And then there's the weekend. I'm supposed to be going over to the family this weekend, but I can't take an infectious body over to the house of my elderly  mother can I?  Not with something like this, it could make her seriously ill.  Which is frankly, rather depressing. I shall have to talk to Jo about it, as a nurse, she will know best what to do. My brother in law's not been too well this week either, I don't think he'd thank me for infecting him.

And then there's the general work thing. It's a pain in the butt to be sick and off work because it puts more strain on everyone else. And I can't really get on with my beadwork in the way I'd like to - you've no idea what it's like to have a tray of small beads on your lap when you suddenly have to shove the whole lot to one side to make a sudden and unexpected dash to the bathroom.  But, the doctor gave me a big "do not take any Immodium style drugs". Apparently the quickest way to get rid of this is to let it, well, flow. Sorry, I'll change the subject here!!!!

Ooh yes, the colour button on this thing works well! It's great to be able to see the colour on the blog background before I finalise everything! It's much easier! Maybe this will help me to avoid the disappearing text bit - I chose a dark background so that the colours will stand out nicely, but I like reds and orange spectrum colours best, and sometimes they don't stand out too well. The green section above didn't anyhow, and I've changed it to the green because it's much easier to read. Mind you of course the big test is going to be publishing it. Let's give it a go and see what happens.