Thursday, February 15, 2007

15th February 07

Well here we are again. Still not doing so well on the getting on with the book review bit - sorry folks.
However, I do have valid excuses - I've been re-confined by the old doc, who has disapproved of my returning to work, and has downgraded me to working five hours a day. This has thrown our work rota into chaos, and left me feeling, well frankly, rather down. I feel guilty about what I've done to my work mates, angry that I can't just leap up and go, and alarmed that I've well and truly buggered up my back. It really catches me from time to time too, one bend in the wrong direction and I'm psuedo paralysed - unable to breath, and difficult to move and get myself back to normal.

My guess is this is why I'm on half time, but if I stay put in one place for too long then I get stiff as a board and apparently this leaves me in danger of doing further danger to my injury. So gentle exercise it is, for the next four weeks. Then it's back to the docs, to get myself certified!
So these are my excuses and I promise to do better! I've been doing a lot of Flickr in the meantime and made some new mates - lots of jewellery makers. It's always interesting to see what other people are doing, and to keep in touch with how they do it.