Friday, January 05, 2007

Yippee the first week back to work is over...

I'm just so tired... I know like we've just had Christmas and all the time off that that brings with it, but then all my time off's been taken up with cooking and having a cold - and then I had a migraine earlier this week, real full spectrum deal, flashing bits and all. So I'm looking forward to this weekend.
I'm visiting Mum - which I hadn't really expected to do initially, but then I looked at my rota and thought if I don't go this weekend, I won't be able to go over for a good two weeks. And I have cheese for my brother who wasn't able to get his favorite kind before Xmas. Rather astonishingly, he went to the good cheese shop in Bath to get it - he's into the Ementals and Jarlsbergs of this world, and the assistant apparently didn't even know that Jarlsberg is a cheese.

On a totally different matter, I could not believe this business about what the parents have done to that poor child in America. I dare say you'll know what I'm talking about, the disabled child who has had all this surgery to keep her child sized. I can't believe the monstrosity of this. It is so unbelievably wrong, no amount of explanation on their part could ever make this right. Suppose this child has a normal life span, what sort of freak is she going to be at fifty? It doesn't make it any better that the child herself will never understand what's been done to her. Given that there is so much that went wrong with this child, what right do these people have to make her even more wrong? And how come people who appear to care for their child can actually be allowed to mutilate her even more than nature/god has already done? What doctor could allow anyone to do something like this? Apparently there is some sort of cost implication on their website explaining that it was necessary because of the care costs involved - which is yet a further indictment of the American system of healthcare. This was just so utterly wrong, and these people apparently could just not see this.

So.. I'm for an early night. I am just so tired...!!