Monday, July 31, 2006

Making a Keychain!!!


Seems to me that I've put on here quite a bit about being creative and all that jazz, so I should do something to prove it. So here goes - how to make a keychain in however many easy stages! Yeah, with photographs too..!

Well this manky old thing is a taped up box file, which serves as a sort of lap type work surface. As you can see, sometime in the past I doodled on it in silver pen... really interesting this!

And this below is my work tray, with all the bits I'm going to need - findings, which are things like jump rings (by which you attach the beads to the chain) head pins, (which you load beads onto), everything I need except the beads....

So now we have beads - boy this is difficult to organise in a way that actually follows through logically - the uploader keeps dropping my photo's where I don't want them!

So this keychain will be purplish. Here's my bag of purple beads - I buy beads on a regular basis, so I pretty nearly have a fairly good stock in.

Ah, I'm getting the hang of this! Small photo's! Yay, way better. So here we have the beads I've selected, and I've put the chain on the giant lobster claw clasp. Those odd looking metal things on the right are my pliers, cutters etc, with which I do these things!