Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday 10th October

Grr I'm surrounded by more books on the Normans than I know what to do with, but have at least managed to get them into ordered piles. So I know what book is for what task - ie, the presentation, the essay.. next week's reading. And, needless to say I seem to have lost one booklist, blast it.
Frankly the last week has been something approaching chaos. Why I hear you asking, and to be honest I don't have an answer. Don't you ever get weeks like that, when it's not that you have to do something, or prepare to do something, but it's like you have nothing to do, so everything descends into an unexpected mess?! I can only hope this stops at some point, like hopefully in the next hour or so.
Still at least the booklist that's disappeared is not the one for next week, so I have made a start on this weeks reading, and I seem to have a tutor who, for some extraordinary reason, is tolerating my apalling chaos. He must be gritting his teeth very tightly, and saying to himself it will improve...

On another tack entirely, I had Lesley up to visit last week - very nice to see her, and it seems like we did nothing but chat. Loved it, it was excellent to see her. We went to see the Matthew Bourne Swan Lake, which was gorgeous, and where else did we go - it seems like not a great deal although we had a nice walk in the Necropolis - I may get the photo's off my phone at some point! The weather wasn't bad - until it came time for her to fly back to Bristol, which of course delayed the plane - when don't people get stuck at airports is what I want to know, if it's not the weather, it's a strike, or volcano's and stuff.

So this is what's been happening. Awful isn't it?!