Saturday, August 07, 2010

Saturday 7th August

Busy week this, what with re-opening the Ebay shop, birthday and all that. What is it about birthdays that makes me feel ambivalent about them? This year's was really great, so many people ringing, texting, leaving messages on FB and all, it was a really great day and yet at the same time I feel like to mention it is somehow to be shouting about what a great time I had in the face of someone who's accidentally wandered onto this blog and may be in the pit of despair - why? Because they've had a lousy birthday that's what!
At any rate I had a very good day. Particularly so because first thing in the morning I went off to East Kilbride and saw an employment agency that not only had a bit of work, but some that they needed to get other people to do - ie, I have a weekend's worth of work next week. This is major to me, and of course they were saying how good they were about finding work for people once they're registered etc - which does rather leave me wondering about whether this alleged opportunity will ever materialise. You know? Everywhere you go and talk to about work, they'll always tell you oh yes, send us a cv, we have various permanent contracts, we'll be in touch. Or some sort of variation on the theme, and you never hear from them again. So I'm not holding my breath, but in the meantime I have as I say a weekends work, and let's not look this gift horse in the mouth. Market research, in other words I shall be one of those women standing outside of a shopping centre begging people to spare me a moment of their time.. like I say let's not look a gift horse and all that. There is genuinely no selling involved in this, it's really interviewing, so it might be more fun than anticipated.
What else did I do? Well we went to Tibo's for a meal on the day itself - very nice. I had beefburger. I was hoping for a nice fishy specials board but there was none, and apparently hasn't been for a while now. I found that a touch alarming, I wouldn't like to see it go downhill. But a good time was had by one and all, and it all led to a slight hangover the next day and it's been a while since I had one of those!
I got some wonderful earrings off a mate, really gorgeous, and a few other bits and pieces (thanks to Ness, Abbs, Aimee!) and even the family remembered - something of a minor triumph there I think! I even had a call off Nick, a day late (what else is new, I'm lucky he remembered it was this century!)

So.. post birthday letdown now....!