Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weds 18th June

Ooh time for a quick blog...
I'm just back from work tonight, we've been really busy and rushed off our feet. Luckily I'd planned dinner before I left, so I was able to get home to a nice salad, a proper dinner. If I'm working late in the evening, I need to think about dinner or I fall prey to the Burgerking I have to go past to get home - fatal, and frankly, this month fatal to my bank balance. Happily I had a box full of salad stuff in the fridge, including a couple of carrots and an apple - grated them up and mixed with a bit of mayo, and hey prest, carrot and apple slaw. I can remember Mum making bowls full of this stuff when I was a kid, and it's just as tasty now. And it keeps quite well I find, although you have to give it a good toss if you've made it a while before you eat it. I find a ratio of two carrots for every apple is good, and I like a crisp apple for this - although Coxes are very good in season.
I had a pack of cold meat to add to this - one of those mixed salami packs. Has anyone else noticed the near total disappearance of garlic sausage? Have I missed some dreadful announcement of some apalling health scare over this? Or has it just simply disappeared for some unkown reason? Whatever, I do miss it, I like a bit of garlic sausage.
Anyhow MOTD has just started so bye...!