Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday 16th December

Oh don't you hate starving blood tests? I have one tomorrow, so I have to top up food-wise tonight so I can actually get to the surgery! Anyhow, enough of that.

Well, I had a super day yesterday. Considering that I've been cosseting myself for the past week, I feel I'm now recovered - still got a bit of a cough & sniffles, but by and large I'm well, so I met up with some old friends from university for a day out in Bath. We had a great time! Went round all of the shops, lunch at Demuths - fabulous. We had a pea and almond soup that was just gorgeous, and the deli plate to follow - a small tub of houmous, some wholemeal pitta's and fantastic artichoke - I wasn't quite so keen on the pumpkin & pepper mix, but then you can't have everything. It's just so nice to catch up with old friends. I think I've sort of done my Xmas shopping too, except for of course, the food bit. That comes this week.

And I've a dilemma with it too. The way my break works out, I'm over to stay at the family's for part of the week, but it's our turn to work over Christmas itself, so I'm back on Boxing Day. So I have to shop for myself for later in the week - in advance. I figured I'd go buy myself some nice jars of antipasto, (yes, especially artichoke!!) and I'll bring back some cold meat with me. Should keep me going until the shops open again - which I figure must be Thursday. But it's going to be really strange, because I've got a shift on Christmas Day itself - I must make absolutely sure that I keep Christmas lunch bang on time!

So I guess I'll be blogging again in the new year. Have a good Xmas everyone!