Friday, April 13, 2007

Hello and a big Thanks!

Hi there,
I got my blog count today - there's a meter on this thing that tells me how many people have visited, and a great many statistics that frankly, I can rarely make a great deal of sense of! However, it does tell me where people are - and Wow! I seem to have people reading this from all over the world!
Most of you seem to get here via Flickr, which is brill. It gives me a real buzz to think people are looking at my photos and then coming on over here to - well, I guess find out a bit more about me. I can only hope that you find it interesting enough to come back a time or two! I'm particularly thrilled to find that I've had a few people coming to look at this from China, because China has always been a country that's interested me. Years and years ago there was this tv series on China, a very interesting series of small documentaries on how people lived in China, and it was absolutely fascinating - it was called The Forbidden Kingdom, and it was the sort of thing that once you'd seen one episode of it, you couldn't not watch the next. One thing I remember particularly clearly was how beautiful China is, the mountains and the way the trees grew out at such strange angles. Just gorgeous. So if you're reading this in China, you're very welcome. It's great to have you a bit more out there among the rest of us guys, you deserve to be a bit bigger player on the world stage than you've been in the past. And actually, talking about Chinese television programmes, a very long time ago I also watched a thing called Empress Wu.
There may be some other's over here who remember Empress Wu. It used to be on Channel 4, I think, on Sunday lunchtimes, and was subtitled - Empress Wu did exist, apparently, and was a medieval period empress who was one of the few women to hold power at that time. And of course there were great things on tv about China too, like The Water Margin. Who doesn't remember that, way better than Monkey!
Enough about trash tv series! I can't believe how many people are coming on here, and the places they're from! Lots of people from India, and America - but I have one very special thing I'd like to put on here. You'll know who you are because you've been popping on to this blog for a fair old while now, and you come from Cramlington near Newcastle, I believe. You are like my oldest reader! I would love for you to send me an e mail, it'd be nice to know you! Anyone can if they want to, send it to
sunspark@hotmail.co.uk
and say hello! I promise I don't bite! But you don't have to, we all get shy from time to time. And it's a pretty daunting thing to do, to sort of write to someone you don't really know!
Anyhow guys, thanks so much for being interested enough to read this. I really appreciate it!